Monday, October 25, 2010

Truvia for 30 days: I'm Taking a SOYS(Swap Out Your Sweetener) Challenge

I have swapped out my normal sweeteners in exchange for Truvia. In my quest for a healthier lifestyle, I've decided to try Truvia™ natural sweetener, a zero-calorie sweetener made with the best tasting part of the stevia plant. By swapping my sweetener to Truvia, I am eliminating the artificial chemicals that I'd been ingesting with the use of aspartame, saccharin and sucralose. I have been using artificial sweeteners for many years. When we found out my dad had diabetes, the whole family switched to Diet Sodas and saccharin or aspartame, and more recently, sucralose. Just the names of the artificial sweeteners sound scary.  I have learned that the chemicals in these artificial sweeteners could possibly be causing permanent damage to my body. It is terrifying to think that I've been poisoning myself all these years with something I thought was a healthy alternative to sugar.  
 
Things to Know About Truvia:

  Truvia™ natural sweetener is refreshingly uncomplicated. Sprinkle it on your grapefruit. Spoon it in your coffee. It won't end up on your conscience or your thighs.
One packet of Truvia™ natural sweetener provides the same sweetness as two teaspoons of sugar.
Truvia™ natural sweetener is a great alternative for people with diabetes. It is also kosher certified.

I wanted to take part in this challenge for many reasons. One being that I recently made a commitment to improve my overall quality of life. This includes making improvements to my health, appearance, relationships, home and many other areas of my life. I thought that a perfect way to start this challenge would be to stop ingesting all the artificial sweeteners and add some natural goodness to my diet. I would love to eliminate artificial additives from my diet altogether eventually. This is a great place to start! Another reason is to eliminate artifcial additives from my diet and replace them with all natural alternatives, like Truvia.
I have been using Truvia for 6 days now. I use it in my coffee, hot tea, on my fruit - anywhere I would have normally used sugar or artificial sweetener. This includes baking. While I haven't created any fantastic treats, I did use Truvia to make sweetened whipped cream and strawberries last night. Delicious! The strawberries and cream were such a wonderful dessert and I only had to use a little bit of Truvia to make it perfectly sweet. There are some amazing recipes on Recipes on Truvia's website. I plan to take full advantage of these delicious desserts later on in the week. Especially the cheesecake recipe! 
Sample Truvia:
Try a Sample of Truvia at the maptruvia.com site by clicking the "Sharing is Sexy" Twitter button directly below this post, type #maptruvia at the end of your tweet, then submit. Post the link to your tweet on the form for a sample request at maptruvia.com - Hope that didn't sound too complicated! Just 1.Tweet this link, include #maptruvia at end of the tweet 2. Copy the link from the tweet you just shared 3. Post the link to the tweet at the Free Truvia Sample site! VERY EASY!
I can't wait to share my experiences with the Swap Out Your Sweetener Challenge. I will be sure to post the recipes I try and will also let you know how the dishes taste. So far, I am extremely pleased with this challenge. Truvia couldn't taste better and the fact that it has 0 calories just makes all this so much sweeter! The real benefit though is that I have removed potentially hazardous, artificial chemicals from my diet and replaced them with something all natural and healthy. Join me on my challenge or just try Truvia and let me know what you think!!!

Disclosure: I received Free 40-ct carton of individual packets and one spoonables container of Truvia for the purposes of this challenge but this has not influenced my opinions in any way.

3 comments:

Bridget October 28, 2010 at 2:33 AM  

thanks! I just bought the ingredients for a Strawberry Shortcake from a recipe I found on Truvia - can't wait to make it!

Anonymous,  October 28, 2010 at 5:58 PM  

How'a the challenge going? I use sugar in the raw for everything. We run from HFCS.

Thanks for the follow, following you back.