Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bryton Pick Review

 
The Product:
Bryton Pick is an oral hygeine tool that was created by dental professionals and is intended to be used as an alternative to flossing. Made from flexible stainless steel, the Pick is reusable for up to 30 days. Stainless Steel is germ resistant so the instructions suggest cleaning the Bryton Pick after each use with just a napkin or hot water. After each use, the pick should be stored in the credit card sized plastic carrying case.
 
What I Liked About the Bryton Pick:
The Bryton Pick is incredibly convenient. It's small size allow you to use it discreetly while you're sitting in your car or in a public restroom - two places where I just don't feel comfortable flossing my teeth. The pick is small enough to fit in  your pocket or purse and it is not as bulky as a container of dental floss. The package also says that you can use the Bryton Pick with braces and invisalign.
 
What I Did Not Like:
I was supposed to receive a three pack of Bryton Picks but there were only two in the package. One of them was extremely bent so I was down to just one pick by the time I got these things out of the pack. Also, I know that stainless steel is supposed to be germ resisitant but it still kind of grosses me out to use a product that had food debris on it earlier in the day. There are a ton of germs between our teeth and that's all I could think of when - so I cleaned mine with alcohol after using it. The pick is supposed to be as thin as the width of dental floss but I can floss my teeth but I could not get this little metal thing to fit in between my front bottom teeth - it didn' t really fit between any of my teeth except the back ones.
 



Verdict:
I would recommend Bryton Pick as a toothpick alternative but not as a floss alternative. The only reason I recommend it at all is because it is convenient to have a product like this when you're out eating or at the movies (popcorn in your teeth).
Where You Can Buy the Bryton Pick:
You can purchase this product at BrytonPick.com You can get a 3 pack for $4.99 You can also find more information on Bryton Picks and other reviews on this product at the aforementioned website.

This Product Was a Free Giveaway

2 comments:

Jessica H October 14, 2010 at 6:57 AM  

I don't think I would like this either!

Bridget October 19, 2010 at 6:46 PM  

Jess, I just don't really understand the difference between this and one of those dental picks you can buy at the drug store. I have read a lot of reviews though where people liked them so who knows - but my teeth are too close together for me to use them and they are supposed to be as thin as dental floss.