- Provide even more accurate dosing and easier administration to infants
- Allow for better control when dispensing with fewer spills
- Further reduce the risk of children getting to the medicine in the bottle
The new, enhanced bottle with protective opening will be coming to Children’s TYLENOL® products soon.
Dosage ChangeLook for new dosing directions on Infants’ TYLENOL®.
- To help minimize medication errors, Infants’ TYLENOL® will now have the same concentration of the active ingredient, acetaminophen, as Children’s TYLENOL®, which will standardize dosing across the products and age groups.
- When Infants’ TYLENOL® returns to store shelves as early as this upcoming cold and flu season, the products will continue to include specially designed dosing devices appropriate to the age of the child.
As announced by the OTC trade organization, Consumer Healthcare Products Association, other manufacturers also intend to transition to the same single concentration (160 mg / 5 mL) for all single-ingredient OTC pediatric liquid acetaminophen products. This transition of other manufacturers’ infants’ products to the children’s concentration may begin as early as this summer and is anticipated to continue into 2012.
- There may be a time period when more than one concentration of infants’ acetaminophen products will be available in stores, and parents and caregivers might have both in their medicine cabinets. Caregivers should always read and follow the dosing directions on the package they are using.
- Parents and caregivers should contact their child’s healthcare provider if they have questions about dosing instructions.