Friday, December 17, 2010

Prima Princessa Presents The Nutcracker DVD Review: Perfect Gift for Little Girls at $6.99 + Receive by 12/24

Become a ballerina! Prima Princessa brings you England's world famous Birmingham Royal Ballet performing excerpts from The Nutcracker that will inspire the ballerina in you! Come join in the holiday fun with Prima Princessa as she takes you to a magical show filled with snow fairies, toy soldiers, tutus, pirouettes and plies.
Prima Princessa Presents The Nutcracker is an Award Winning dvd that is a fantastic gift or stocking stuffer for any little girls on your Christmas list. I mentioned yesterday that this dvd was a great value at just $6.99 on Amazon, plus you get a $5 Amazon Video on Demand Credit(1 promotional credit per customer). I hadn't received my copy at that time to provide a review, but we did today and have watched it three times so far! 
 My daughter, who is five, rarely likes anything that is not a cartoon but she absolutely loved Prima Princessa's Nutcracker. I did too, as I found it to be both educational and entertaining. I love that it engages the children by having them learn and try new ballet steps. I can honestly say that this is the only way my daughter would ever sit through a performance of "The Nutcracker" for longer than 2 minutes. 
We had to get a lollipop similar to these so my daughter can perform
for my parents this weekend with her tutu and lollipop.

Review: Cartoon fairy ballerina, Prima Princessa, visits a group of girls and boys at home. The children and Prima Princessa gather around a gorgeously decorated screen to watch  a live performance of "The Nutcracker", performed by England's famous Birmingham Royal Ballet. Prima delightfully narrates the performance in segments, so that children understand what is going on, which was one of my favorite features of the dvd. Without the narration, my daughter would not have been able to understand the story at all. Between acts, there is a montage that teaches dance steps to the children at home-these are fantastic. I love that while Prima Princessa is pronouncing the name of the step, the word is on the screen so the children can see how it is spelled. The dance lesson montage features clips of dancers from SAB, official academy of the New York City Ballet in studio doing the featured step, footage of animals doing similar movements, flowers blooming, tops spinning - I wish that I could accurately describe the sequences because they are wonderful. Extras on the DVD include a Holiday party with cookie and gingerbread house decorating, Christmas crafting, and Holiday Freeze Dancing!
Notice the Prima Princessa stage on the left. This is what the children gather around to watch the performance
- my daughter is adamant about wanting that very same stage for Christmas!
  My daughter's Review: The Sugar Plum Queen was BEAUTIFUL. It was magical. I loved it. The little boy was mean when he broke Clara's nutcracker. The tutus were beautiful. I'm going to watch it a lot.


 To Buy: Remember that you still have time to order Prima Princessa Presents The Nutcracker from Amazon and receive it before 12/24! It is priced at just $6.99 and there is a special offer for $5 worth of eligible movies and TV shows from Amazon Video On Demand after you order your item. Limited to one promotional credit per customer.


I wish that there were more dvds like this one on the market. I can see why it won the Parents Choice Award this year - it was fully deserved! I plan to purchase the rest of the series for my daughter and order the Prima Princessa Nutcracker dvd for my 4 year old cousin, who is taking ballet this year. It will still get here by Christmas because Amazon offers FREE 2 day shipping!!!

For FREE Prima Princessa coloring pages, Fun Educational Games & Activities for kids and a Holiday Freeze Dancing Video, visit the Prima Princessa website. 



Disclosure: I was provided the DVD facilitate an honest review. I was not compensated in any way. 


1 comments:

Mary Kate of Prima Princessa December 18, 2010 at 2:07 PM  

Glad you all enjoyed the show! Thanks for the review. -Mary Kate of Prima Princessa